Thursday, June 12, 2014

upcoming talks: new Django, also concurrency

In development are my next three talks.  The first is a short one (~20 mins) on "New Stuff in Django 1.7" which highlights things added or extended over the last two years.  Next is the major feature for 1.7, "Django Migrations in 1.7".  TLDR: it's like a simpler, nicer South.
The third talk is on "Plentiful Perplexities in Parallel Python."  There are at least five different ways to do have multiple things be running at once -- I'll go over them in terms of ease-of-use, generality, and reliability/ease of debugging.  There's a lot of non-intuitive features and side effects. I'll go over the most common.
I'm always looking for ideas for new talks and classes.  Please email me!

2 comments:

  1. Are you giving these talks somewhere, or posting them?
    Old friend, new follower...

    Love,
    Wook

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Wook! An excellent question. I go to a number of local Meetups, and will speak at either the Python and/or Django groups. I'll post here when I give the next one. Slides from my last talk "Django QuerySets and Functional Programming" are on my blog -- http://johntellsall.blogspot.com/2014/05/talk-functional-programming-and-django.html Post if you'd like me to work up something else, I have about 20 talks(!) brewing in my head.
    Cheers, Wook!

    ReplyDelete